A rose by any other name would still smell as sweet

My photo
achieving greatness through poor grammar and spelling mistakes

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Ironically enough there is an overwhelming calm when you are by yourself on a night devoted to being with your family. Sure it would be nice being at home, however, this cannot happen so instead I am reading and listening to rap music... The christmas tunes are gone now and I am now being soothed by Dr. Dre, The Game, and some Slim Shady. Why is it that someone rapping about how lyrically successful they are and how badass their "whip" is just brings peace to my heart. I cannot express how much I can appreciate a good lyric strung together though.

some of my favorites of all time are,


"You make breaking hearts look so easy, seems like you've done this before"
Breaking - Anberlin

"Calling tears from deep inside, oh your so exquisite"
This Celluloid Dream - AFI

"Even though she doesn't believe in love, he is determined to call her bluff"
Remembering Sunday - All Time Low

"And all these stupid silly songs, keep trying to find your ears"
The Minstrel's Prayer - Cartel

"If you really loved me, you were too honest to show me, this might be the only way, that I can feel again"
Love In the Attic - Cauterize

"How I wish you could see the potential, potential of you and me, its like a book elegently bound, but in a language you can't read, just yet"
I will Possess your Heart - Death Cab for Cutie

"I lost something thats dime a dozen, she lost something thats one of a kind"
Echoes (remix) - Gorilla Zoe

"I always knew you would be the one to understand me, I guess thats why it took so long to get things right"
Be Calm - Fun.

"I swear when I grow up, I won't just buy you a rose, I will buy the flower shop and you will never be lonely"
The Gambler - Fun.

"She tells me I'm not capable of what they accuse me, with no remorse I stand and say that guilt is what I plead"
With Twilight as my Guide - The Mars Volta

anyways, that is all for now, Merry Christmas everyone...

No comments:

Post a Comment