A rose by any other name would still smell as sweet

My photo
achieving greatness through poor grammar and spelling mistakes

Friday, July 8, 2011

Right above it

As I sit in the broken down apartment Billy and I are renting presently I can't help but appreciate more and more. Making the decision not to get internet, have cable and to continue to live in a place that daily gets worse and worse it really makes you open your eyes. Before this apartment I would take clean water for granted, now I appreciate my water when it is slightly brown, odourless and clear. Being in complete contact with everyone all the time was just the norm, now I am thrilled if a 5 minute call doesn't drop or fade in and out. Between the pealing paint, holes in walls, bugs showing up in unwanted spots and knives that were pre "hotted" I get more and more excited for my time in not only Grande Prairie but Kelowna as well. I could not miss longboarding to the beach, watching movies, doing yoga, or any recreational activity that is not work. Now all I have is this computer and the gym to keep me sane. There truly is nothing better then spending time with people who you can just be around. Nothing has to be said or done and people don't even have to move and you can just appreciate their presence. Or they can ask you to do ridiculous things with less than a moments pause for you to agree to whatever idea they just came up with.

The things I miss…


And each and every time I return to these places and hang out with those people it makes it harder and harder to return to "Vegas". Its all for the dollar. Its all for my future. This future where I build relationships over technology and not over good old fashion coffee dates, or walks along the beach. This dollar seems like it loses its worth every time I write. To sacrifice so much for a number, a digital increment that all in all means nothing. It will do nothing for me, yet I feel as if I must complete this journey… questing to finish my "five year". The countdown to better things in life.

Another endlessly sunny evening, sometime in June, from somewhere north of where I want my life to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment